Finance and Legislation / February 2016
Focus Areas: High Quality Student Evaluations, Program Evaluation, Skilled Staff, Specially Designed Instruction (SDI)
Type: Open Committee
March 3rd (Grand Rapids): MCEC & MAASE co-present session re: grassroots advocacy for educators
April 19 – 20 (Lansing): MAASE Legislative Action Seminar – registration open!
July 1-13 (DC): CASE Legislative Summit
- State aid update – DPS, Flint, Gov’s proposed budget, GSRP, count calculation
- 14-15 MOE testing starting now
- FT application to be released in May
- MI must start requiring submission of non-federal budget for school entities receiving FT funds.
- Teri Chapman will be annoucing changes to EOSD & Transition grants. Allocations for ISDs to remain stable.
- Seclusion & Restraint Legislation update
- Gov’s proposed budget includes increase for MiBLSi
- Gov’s budget includes funding to support SE task force recommendations.
Ad Hoc Workgroups
- IDEA – finalizing recommendations. Will have for April mtg
- ESSA – N/A
- Platform & Priorities – F&L please watch for survey
- MICC/EO Funding – looking for F&L rep