Supervisors of Low Incidence Programs (SLIP) (CoP) / June 2016
Focus Areas: Skilled Staff
Type: Open Committee
~MAASE Summer Institute – August 7-10, 2016
~SLIP Networking session has been approved & watch for this in the sessions. We will plan specific topics for a focused review during this session.
~SLIP Winter Conference – Checking on rescheduling to another date
SLIP Meeting @ 12:00 – 6/7/16 – Packard Room:
1. MAASE Summer Institute – Watch for SLIP Networking session. There are several sessions planned for the SLIP group. Checking on a dinner get-together for the group on Sunday night. RSVP’s would be required to make reservations at a local restaurant.
2. SLIP Winter Conference 2017 – Considering new theme: Curriculum or PBiS resurgence
3. Assist Program Evaluation – Due June 30th
4. 1% Proficiency Cap Exception – Due Monday, August 29th by 5:00 pm
5. 2016-2017 SLIP Project – Discussed items to consider for a project with SLIP: New Seclusion & Restraint guidelines, addressing severe behaviors, and behavior documentation.
6. SLIP Retirement Recognition – Congratulations to Brian Pianosi on his retirement from Ottawa Area Center. Retirement celebration to be held 6/10 @ Trail Point Brewing Company.
~ULS Training – St. Joe County ISD – 8/30/16 @ 8-3. Flyer was forwarded to SLIP. Contact Aubree Spencer for more information.
~Math Curriculum discussion – Foundations in Math is looking at trialing their program with centers. If interested, please contact Tina Lawson for contact information. Other centers are trying Touch Math and another is using Attainment.
~Soundsponge was discussed as quiet dividers and used when dealing with behavior. Google for more information.
~Discussed technology reporting requirements for 8th grade. Some centers were not aware of this requirement, while others have put together checklists/assessments for instruction.
Monitors (CoP) / June 2016
Focus Areas: Program Evaluation, Skilled Staff, Specially Designed Instruction (SDI)
MOTOR CITY HERE WE COME!!! Region 4 proudly announces that the 2016-17 Michigan Monitors Conference will be held in Detroit, May 11-12, 2017. Look for more details in the Fall.
Announcement! Darla Jackson, Monitor at Bay Arenac, will be the new co-chair of the Monitors CoP for the 2016-17 school year.
Welcome, Darla and THANK YOU to Michelle Wolschlager for a great year as co-chair of the Monitors CoP! WE appreciate your planning, organization, hard work and dedication to our community of monitors.
NEW: The MDE-OSE has released the Technical Assistance Provider Grant, formerly titled EOSD grant, and so the Monitors CoP is working collaboratively to understand grant details in order to identify common activities and expectations, and ensure the highest level of support for our locals and charters.
B12 CAPS that were issued in the CIMS April Workbooks have been removed from everyone’s Workbooks.
Timely IEP CAPS have not yet been removed, but the CIMS team is working hard to review and make determinations on the appropriateness of removing specific student files from Workbooks. Due to the need for review, CAP deadlines for B-Timely IEP has been extended, but the extension date is pending approval.