ISD Collaborative (CoP) / October 2017
Focus Areas: High Quality Student Evaluations, Program Evaluation, Skilled Staff, Specially Designed Instruction (SDI)
Upcoming dates or events to share with general membership
The next ISD Collaborative CoP has been scheduled for Wednesday December 6th at 7:00 am.
- The new ISD Collaborative CoP description was shared with the group.
- MI Monitor Listserv will be shut down. A new ISD Collaborative CoP Listserv will be started.
- Discussion of ESSA and the 1% cap and the role that ISDs will play in this. See MDEs 1% Cap Guidance for ISDs for more information: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mde/1_Cap_Guidance_for_ISDs_595801_7.pdf
- Discussion of district’s experiences in implementing the new Seclusion & Restraint legislation.
- Discussion of ABA Therapy in the schools and potential supplanting issues. Several resources on this topic were emailed to the group.
- Catamaran – In person regional trainings will be held at:
- Monroe – date TBA
- KRESA – 11/13/17 tentative date
- Clare-Gladwin – date TBA
- COP – 11/16/17
- Discussion of B13 CAPs – be on the lookout for inconsistencies between the district’s letter of findings and their SLCAPs
- Discussion of B12 CAP Verification – some are utilizing their Special Education management system reports to access names for data verification. Others are waiting for reports to be loaded in Catamaran.
- Discussion of experiences with FM Visits
- Complaint experiences shared
- Regional Reports
- Region 1 is beginning discussions for a Spring Conference, will partner with Directors to assess support of the Conference and identify any possible areas of focus
- Region 2 has been working on collecting some of their resources in a central location
- Region 3 has not met yet, a report will be provided in December
- Region 4 has been partnering with their Directors on work around the CrEAG
- Action Items – members to check in with their Directors to find out more about any plans in place in the counties to make sure their member districts are aware of/abiding with the requirements of IDEA. Group to report back out in December.