MCEC / October 2016
Type: Board Appointed
Focus Areas: Skilled Staff, Specially Designed Instruction (SDI)
Upcoming dates or events to share with general membership
77th Annual Michigan CEC Conference March 1-3, 2017
Amway Grand Hotel, Grand Rapids
Some things to know right now:
- Call for presentations will be open until 5:00pm on December 2nd. Please encourage staff to present and highlight your district’s best practices!
- Nominations for Honors and Awards will also be accepted until December 16th, including Yes I CAN! nominations. Honor staff, students, parents and community members.
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Marcia Tate, author of “Worksheets Don’t Grow Dendrites:20 Instructional Strategies to Engage the Brain”. Dr Tate will also be presenting a breakout session later in the day on Friday, March 3rd.
- Wednesday Workshops feature national speaker, Dr. Lee Ann Jung, who will train on the K-12 Intervention Process and Progress Monitoring. We also welcome some great Michigan presenters, including:
- Dr. Michelle Baker Herring, Utilizing Technology to Support Student Growth
- Laurie VanderPloeg and Sharon LaPointe, Whatever Happened to Specialized Instruction, and Why
- Dr. Ed Roeber and Dr. Ellen Vorenkamp, Using Formative Assessment Strategies for Diverse Populations of Learners
- Districts registering 10 or more people at one time will receive a 10% discount on your invoice.
- A full listing of Thursday and Friday breakout sessions will be available by the first week in January on our MCEC website.
Michigan CEC proudly congratulates our former President and national CASE President on her election for 2017 President-Elect of CEC. We look forward to Laurie’s leadership of CEC as our International President in 2018!