Supervisors of Low Incidence Programs (SLIP) (CoP) / December 2017
Type: Open Committee
Upcoming dates or events to share with general membership
1. January 23-24, 2018 – SLIP Winter Conference
a. Jan. 23rd – Communication Strategies
b. Jan. 24th – Updates/Ideas for Supervisors
c. Jan. 22nd – Networking dinner @ Carraba’s – 6:00 (Please RSVP w/Tina)
2. Site Visit – Jackson ISD/Amy Rogers – More information to follow.
1. 3rd Grade Reading Law – Many are working on getting their information developed. Some are connecting to their ISD General Education contacts, another ISD told them they were exempt, Brigance used by one district, and SPELL from Heartwood will be shared through SLIP list-serve.
2. Seclusion & Restraint – New COP developed by MAASE and new members being sought. Looks like this will be more of a Resource Sharing via Lance Seward & Susan Toth.
3. Donated items need from SLIP for the February Auction. Email Tina if you can contribute.
4. Post-secondary Transition Goals discussed and information shared from Blossomland Learning Center in notes emailed to the SLIP group.
5. ABA Therapy – It is now understood that Medicaid will no longer continue to pay for those services offered during school hours unless school’s sign off for the student to attend. Discussion on requests for schools to provide ABA therapy, incorporation into the school setting, attendance responses, ad observations. Autism Internet Modules discussed as an online tool as a free resource. Discussed RBT’s, training being provided by schools, and not doing actual certification due to requirement for oversight of BCBA.
6. Continuum of service – Discussion on what districts are doing. Some have a classroom in an LEA to start the integration process. Stressed on finding an LEA that is willing to integrate.