Secondary Transition Administrators (CoP) / December 2018
Type: Open Committee
Focus Areas: Program Evaluation, Skilled Staff
Upcoming dates or events to share with general membership
1. SLIP Winter Conference – January 17-18, 2019, Crowne Plaza, Lansing; Registration open on MAASE website and lodging is available at MAASE rate.
2. Next SLIP Meeting – February 12, 2019
3. Site Visit – John A. Bozymowski School, 11870 Eldorado Dr., Sterling Heights, MI 48312. Date was rescheduled to March 15, 2019 due to conflict with CEC. Host: Jennifer Rogers
1. SLIP Winter Conference – Program was sent out with the presentations scheduled for Day 1 & Day 2. First day is focused on supervisors and the second day is focused on staff working with any low incidence. Please forward program to your staff. It will also be placed on the MAASE website shortly.
2. Site Visit to WoodsEdge – Visit went well and allowed for time to discuss topics more in-depth than at the bi-monthly meetings. They also were able to tour the facility as well.
3. Site Visit to John A Bozymowski – Information for RSVP’s will be sent out in February and a minimum number need to plan to attend for this to remain scheduled.
4. 1% Cap – This requirement is returning again and will be shared at the SLIP Winter Conference.
1. Referral Process – Discussed the referral process, specifically for those entering kindergarten. Group discussed observations, review of information, and looking at interventions within the classroom. Concerns related to an increase in students with mild impairments and behavior difficulties.
2. Seclusion/Restraint Reporting – Discussed the process each program is following on reporting seclusion/restraints and when an incident report is required and when one isn’t required.
3. Remodeling – Some centers are remodeling and may be asking to do visits to others recently remodeled to get input.
4. Modified Schedules – Some discussion on those doing modified schedules for specific behavioral situations. Tina will forward document shared from Region 3 monitors, which was also looked at by MDE.