Supervisors of Low Incidence Programs (SLIP) (CoP) / April 2016
Type: Open Committee
Focus Areas: Skilled Staff
Upcoming dates or events to share with general membership
– Next meeting is Tues., June 8th during lunch of PD day.
– 1% Proficiency Cap Exception Applications are now available and due by August 29th at 5:00 pm
1. We are looking for ideas on projects for the 2016-2017 school year. Suggestion made on curriculum development and collaboration with Wayne RESA.
2. Seclusion & Restraint – Draft is out and testimony is being taken Thursday, April 14th and Thursday, April 21st. Please see Eric Hoppstock or Dawn Bentley to ensure collaboration on items for testimony.
3. SLIP Winter Conference – Two years of PBiS and last two years of Transition have been held. We are looking for a theme for the 2017 SLIP Winter Conference. Should we continue with 2 days or return to a 1 day format? Input is encouraged. Survey responses will also be used. We are currently in the planning stages for next year.
4. 1% MI-Access Proficiency Cap Exception Applications – These are now available on the MDE Accountability web page. The applications are due by August 29, 2016 at 5:00 pm. There is also a Helpful Resource available with detailed information on 1%, how it is calculated, how to access application and sample responses. Make sure you know when your current exception expires.
5. Roundtable discussion was held with those in attendance.
-Concerns with PSAT materials being sent to districts who do not have students identified as taking it and who have completed requirements that the assessment is not administered in the building. (Please note that testing materials had to be returned.)
-Discussion was held on number of School Social Workers they have for their building. Review of student enrollment was discussed as well.
-Email to be sent out on presentations for Summer Institute relevant to the SLIP group. Also, if a general meeting should be held as a session. We did not do this last year, but a few members have asked for this participation.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00.