Supervisors of Low Incidence Programs (SLIP) (CoP) / June 2016
Type: Open Committee
Focus Areas: Skilled Staff
Upcoming dates or events to share with general membership
~MAASE Summer Institute – August 7-10, 2016
~SLIP Networking session has been approved & watch for this in the sessions. We will plan specific topics for a focused review during this session.
~SLIP Winter Conference – Checking on rescheduling to another date
SLIP Meeting @ 12:00 – 6/7/16 – Packard Room:
1. MAASE Summer Institute – Watch for SLIP Networking session. There are several sessions planned for the SLIP group. Checking on a dinner get-together for the group on Sunday night. RSVP’s would be required to make reservations at a local restaurant.
2. SLIP Winter Conference 2017 – Considering new theme: Curriculum or PBiS resurgence
3. Assist Program Evaluation – Due June 30th
4. 1% Proficiency Cap Exception – Due Monday, August 29th by 5:00 pm
5. 2016-2017 SLIP Project – Discussed items to consider for a project with SLIP: New Seclusion & Restraint guidelines, addressing severe behaviors, and behavior documentation.
6. SLIP Retirement Recognition – Congratulations to Brian Pianosi on his retirement from Ottawa Area Center. Retirement celebration to be held 6/10 @ Trail Point Brewing Company.
~ULS Training – St. Joe County ISD – 8/30/16 @ 8-3. Flyer was forwarded to SLIP. Contact Aubree Spencer for more information.
~Math Curriculum discussion – Foundations in Math is looking at trialing their program with centers. If interested, please contact Tina Lawson for contact information. Other centers are trying Touch Math and another is using Attainment.
~Soundsponge was discussed as quiet dividers and used when dealing with behavior. Google for more information.
~Discussed technology reporting requirements for 8th grade. Some centers were not aware of this requirement, while others have put together checklists/assessments for instruction.