Supervisors of Low Incidence Programs (SLIP) (CoP) / June 2018
Type: Open Committee
Focus Areas: Skilled Staff
Upcoming dates or events to share with general membership
- November 5, 2018 Site Visit – Woodsedge Learning Center, Kalamazoo
- SLIP Winter Conference – January 17-18, 2019
- March 8, 2019 Site Visit – Heartwood School, Lansing
1. 2018-2019 SLIP Winter Conference
a. Date set for January 17-18, 2019
b. First day for any center-based staff; Second day for Supervisors
c. Planning Committee Mtg. TBA – June ?
d. General Theme – ALL TOPICS considered!
2. Site Visits set for 2018-2019 (Listed above)
3. Summer Institute still needs proposals to present! Please consider or refer someone who you think has a great program to share. SLIP will have a session and agenda items to be gathered in July.
4. Program Evaluations – Due June 30th!
5. Work Group Project – IRIP’s to be discussed.
– Deafblind Central – Information will be sent out to SLIP on the criteria for eligibility of services. Many do not realize that the criteria is more broad and students could be eligible without the distinct identification as deaf and blind. Also, checking on Beth presenting at Summer Institute.
-MI-Access Social Studies – Discussion on level and entering this information. Not being requested yet.
-Accelerated Teaching Program – Has anyone used the Saginaw program? If so, please share with Jeff Reinelt at COP ESD.
-Certified Teachers – Discussed the concerns in limited teachers being available and many seeing this getting worse.
-Request for St. Johns presentation at MTSA on ULS
-ULS training is scheduled at Clare-Godwin (Check online for information)
-Job Coach Training is being offered at Wexford on Aug. 29th. (Check online for information)